The IU HRPP Polices below describe the mandatory requirements for conduct of human subjects research. Research conducted at IU and its affiliates must be conducted in accordance with IU HRPP Policies. IU HRPP Policies apply the Common Rule protections to all research, with some very minor differences, and apply other relevant requirements based on additional federal regulations, state law, and institutional policy. Each policy includes the following:
- A scope statement which clearly defines the research governed by the policy. All IU HRPP Policies govern research reviewed by the IU IRBs; however, some policies also govern exempt research or research conducted by IU and its affiliates which is reviewed by an external IRB.
- Policy statements which reflect requirements mandated by regulation, policy, or accreditation standards
- Mandatory procedures for implementation of the policy statements, where applicable
- History, including a summary of the most recent revision
- Related information, including hyperlinks to relevant guidance, regulations, policies, accreditation standards, etc.