Accessibility disclaimer: To obtain information contained in document files on this page in an accessible format please contact the Office of the Vice Provost for Research for Bloomington by phone: (812) 855-3931 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of the Vice Chancellor for IUPUI by phone: 317-274-1020 or email: email@example.com.
Bridge Funding Program - Bloomington
Bridge Funding Program (BRIDGE) – Bloomington
About this opportunity
Vice Provost Rick Van Kooten,firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bridge Funding Program at IU Bloomington provides modest financial support for faculty research and scholarship during times when externally funded research programs are between grant cycles.
- IU Bloomington tenured and tenure-eligible faculty, research scientists, and research center directors.
- Applicant must be an externally funded investigator whose project has not been renewed and who requires temporary support to retain key personnel and maintain project momentum until funding can be secured again from external sources.
- All bridge funding support will be composed of matching or cost-sharing arrangements between the faculty member’s home department, college, or school and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research.
- Criteria for funding are based on the potential for success in attracting external research funding to sustain or extend research and scholarly activities.
- The bridge program is not a pilot or seed funding program. Bridge funding is used to support ongoing externally funded research programs that have lost funding.
Requests for funding must be submitted to OVPR through the applicant’s college or school dean’s office.
Application sections include:
- Completed Request for Bridge Funding
- A letter from the dean of the applicant’s college or school outlining:
- the need for bridge funding for the program
- the specific budgetary needs
- commitment for any matching funds or cost share
- a brief description of the research program
- how the research program fits the school’s research priorities
- past record of external funding
- efforts underway to secure external funding to sustain the program beyond the bridging period
- ability of the investigator to attain continued or new funding to sustain or extend research activities into the future
- Budget clearly indicating contributions from each supporting unit
- Agency review(s)
Ready to apply?
Please have the application requirements emailed to the Office of the Vice Provost for Research at email@example.com from your college or school dean’s office.