Public Arts Grants
About this opportunity
Associate Vice Provost Ed Comentale,firstname.lastname@example.org
March 13 and November 13
$1,000; $2,500; $5,000
Public Arts Grants support engaging and interactive public art projects that contribute to the identity and enrichment of the City of Bloomington, Indiana, and its community as well as support creative ties between the IU campus and the city. Potential projects include installations, exhibits, performances, readings, exchanges, and other happenings. See these sites for good examples:
- All tenured and tenure-eligible faculty members as well as MFA students and graduate students in other relevant fields at IU Bloomington.
- All projects must be approved by the City of Bloomington. A member of the City administration will be a part of the review committee for projects.
- 1-day projects: up to $1,000
- 1-week projects: up to $2,500
- Multi-week projects: up to $5,000
- Projects will be completed in either spring (March-June) or fall (July-October).
- The Public Arts Grants program does not provide multiple-year awards.
Applicants must complete an electronic application in InfoReady, create a budget using the Excel budget worksheet template on the electronic application form, and attach the following as PDFs to the electronic application form.
Application sections include:
- Completed online application form
- Project narrative, rationale, and budget explanation (2-3 pages)
- Completed budget form
- Project timeline
- Letters of support from unit head and community partners
- CV or resume for all project members