Quick Guides: Conflict of Interest and Commitment
How to assign a delegate to complete a disclosure on your behalf
- Open “Disclosures”
- Select “My Delegates”
- Select “Add Delegate”
- Type in the delegate’s IU username and select “Add”
- Inform delegate(s), via email or other form of communication outside of Kuali COI, they now have permission to edit your disclosure
- Use trash can button to the right of the user’s name to delete delegate.
- Users are responsible for managing their own delegate permissions.
- Delegates are unable to submit disclosures on behalf of their delegator. Individuals must review entries by their delegates and submit their own disclosure in Kuali COI system
How to complete a disclosure as a delegate
- Select “Disclosures Delegated to Me” within “Disclosures” tab
- Select the delegator for whom you want to make edits from the “My Delegators” drop-down menu
- Select “Update Disclosure” to edit the current disclosure
- Make all necessary changes to the disclosure and save when finished
- View previous versions by selecting the “Action Date” for when the disclosure was updated
- Inform delegator that their disclosure is ready for review and submission. Kuali COI system does not provide a notification of delegate completion at this time.
How to submit or update your annual disclosure in Kuali COI-C
Step 1: Log in to the Kuali COI-C system
- Using your IU Network ID and password, log in to Kuali COI via One.IU.edu (two-step CAS-authentication required). Please note: The most compatible browser for the Kuali COI system is Google Chrome.
- Click the “Start” button to open your “My Disclosures” user dashboard.
Step 2: Create or update a disclosure
- Click the “Create Disclosure” button and follow the system prompts to complete a new disclosure, OR
- Click the “Update Disclosure” button and follow the system prompts to update your disclosure.
Step 3: Confirm your disclosure status
- After submitting your disclosure, you will be redirected to your “My Disclosures” dashboard.
- From your dashboard, you may confirm your disclosure status. A status should reflect either “Up-to-Date” or “Submitted for Approval” in the status column.
- Disclosures with a status of “Submitted for Approval” will be further reviewed by the COI office. Once approved, a system-generated email will be sent confirming the approval.
- Disclosures approved at submission will not receive an approval email in confirmation. Approval status is confirmed in your user dashboard, which immediately reflects a status of “Up-to-Date”.
Step 4: Exit the system
- If your status correctly reflects your submission, close your browser to exit the Kuali COI system.