Accessibility disclaimer: To obtain information contained in document files on this page in an accessible format please contact the Innovation & Commercialization Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful links and resources for IU Innovators
IU Innovation and Commercialization Office (ICO) is the first resource for faculty, staff and students at IU. We are here to help you navigate the commercialization process as well as provide you with internal and external resources.
Please contact your Commercialization Manager or ICO at email@example.com to explore commercial arrangements for the distribution of research materials.
- Research Funding Opportunities
- Research funding and contract support offices:
- Office of Federal Relations
- Office of Business Partnerships
- Office of Research Administration (ORA): Sponsored Research, Federal and Industry
- Office of Research Compliance (ORC)
Practical patent issues for IU faculty
IU Maurer School of Law’s Center for Intellectual Property Research with support from the Office of the Vice Provost for Research has created a series of videos presenting some practical tips on dealing with patent issues that routinely arise in academic research.
More tools & links
- U.S. Small Business Administration Business Guide
- Best Practices for Laboratory Notebooks
- NIH SEED (formerly SBIR/STTR) Resources
- General SBIR/STTR information Webinars (BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting)
- About the SBIR/STTR Program (Elevate Venture)
- IU Ventures
What comes next?
The results of the assessment will determine the next steps of the process. If a discovery has commercial potential, the next step in the commercialization process is to secure legal protection for it and seek to license the technology to a company or startup. If deemed acceptable, release using open source or creative commons licenses.