Distinguished Faculty Research Award & Lecture (DFRL)
About this opportunity
David L. Taylor,firstname.lastname@example.org
October 3, 2022
The Distinguished Faculty Research Award and Lecture, co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost & Executive Vice President and the Office of IU Research, is an annual event designed to recognize the achievements of an IU Bloomington faculty member whose research makes important contributions to society. The award is accompanied by a public lecture delivered by the recipient during the spring semester.
- current tenured or tenure-track faculty at IU Bloomington only
- faculty nominated for this award DO NOT have to hold the title of “Distinguished Professor” at Indiana University
- emeritus faculty are ineligible
- letter outlining reasons for nomination (The selection committee strives to choose an awardee who will deliver an excellent and generally accessible research-oriented lecture. Please indicate topic and message likely to be presented.)
- copy of nominee’s current cv
- applicants can either be self-nominated or nominated by another individual
- one or two letters in support of the nomination are highly recommended but not required
Ready to apply?
To make a nomination, please send a brief letter to David L. Taylor at DLTAYLOR@indiana.edu.