The HRPP is continuing work on the Kuali Protocols implementation project. Kuali Protocols will replace KC IRB as the electronic submission system for all IRB submissions. Important updates since our last newsletter include:
- Implementation is tentatively planned for January 2021. A specific date for the system cutover will be announced in the last quarter of 2020 after confirmation that all required system functionality has been developed and delivered by Kuali.
- For approximately one week prior to the cutover to Kuali Protocols, we will not accept any IRB submissions. This submission freeze is necessary to allow HRPP staff to complete review of pending submissions prior to the system cutover and to allow migration of all active studies from KC IRB to Kuali Protocols. We will provide additional details regarding the submission freeze in late 2020.
- We’ve launched the Kuali Protocols Web Hub as a central source for details, updates, FAQs, and training opportunities. We’ll be adding content to the Web Hub regularly over the next six months. Please consider bookmarking the page and checking it regularly to be sure you stay up to date on the latest developments.
In case you missed it in our prior newsletters, here’s what you need to know and do:
- Active studies will be transitioned from KC IRB to Kuali Protocols.
- Some studies may require updates before they can be migrated. HRPP staff are currently making these updates as administrative amendments. In most cases, we can complete the action without requiring any action from you in KC IRB. You will be notified via email if your study is updated by HRPP staff during this process (in addition to receiving the usual KC IRB notifications). If we need any information from you to complete the update, we’ll let you know.
- Please review your list of open studies in KC IRB, and close any studies you have completed. This will assist us in the data migration process.
As always, email HRPP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.