The Office of Research Administration (ORA) will host an information session on the upcoming changes to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Other Support Requirement which go into effect on May 25th, 2021.
For NIH applications and Research Performance Progress Reports (RPPR) submitted for due dates on or after May 25, 2021, NIH will require additional information related to the Other Support document:
- For Other Support submissions that include foreign activities and resources, recipients are required to submit copies of contracts, grants, or any other agreement specific to senior/key personnel foreign appointments and/or employment with a foreign institution as supporting documentation. If they are not in English, recipients must provide translated copies. This supporting documentation must be provided as part of the Other Support PDF following the Other Support Format page.
- A signature block has been added to the Other Support format which requires Program Director/Principal Investigator or Other Senior/Key Personnel to certify the accuracy of the information submitted. Each PD/PI or senior/key personnel must electronically sign their respective Other Support form as a PDF prior to submission.
- Immediate notification of undisclosed Other Support. When a recipient organization discovers that PI, or other Senior/Key personnel, on an active NIH grant failed to disclose Other Support information outside of Just-in-Time or the RPPR, as applicable, the recipient must submit updated Other Support to the Grants Management Specialist named in the Notice of Award as soon as it becomes known.
- NIH Guide Notice NOT-OD-21-073
- Updated Biosketch resources, including FAQs and sample Biosketch format pages
- Updated Other Support resources, including FAQs and sample Other Support format pages
ORA will discuss Indiana University’s approach to these new Other Support requirements in a live webinar format. Participants may engage in the conversation by entering questions or suggestions via the question/answer (Q&A) function.