ECC replaces the prior Indiana University Kuali Financial System (KFS) effort reporting process.
BENEFITS OF ECC
- Effort confirmed annually, on a calendar-year basis, rather multiple times throughout the year.
- Effort activity aggregated at the Kuali Coeus (KC) award family level for all employees with effort on any account belonging to that award family. This results in a “Project Statement” instead of a report for each individual employee.
- Project statement confirmation required only on Federal and Federal Pass-through awards.
These changes reduce the number of statements requiring action by Project Directors/ Principal Investigators (PIs) from about 10,000 effort documents, to approximately 2,000 project statements.
PI Confirmer – IU Project Director/Principle Investigator
Project Directors/PIs with federal or federal-pass-through sponsored projects are automatically assigned the role of “PI Confirmer” in the ECC system. They are the individuals notified when the Project Statements are ready for the annual confirmation in March.
Effort Coordinator – IU Fiscal Officer/Delegate
The ECC Effort Coordinator is a Department-level administrative role in ECC. An Effort Coordinator assists the ECC Confirmer (Project Director/Principal Investigator) with questions related to effort on their projects.
- The ECC Effort Coordinator is responsible for facilitating any required salary transfers identified during the confirmation process.
- Effort Coordinators also receive Tasks within ECC. Tasks are generated when an ECC Confirmer requests a change to the labor on a project statement. It is the Effort Coordinator responsibility to approve or deny each task.
- Effort Coordinators are associated with Departments
- Departments in ECC correspond to the Chart-Org code in KFS.
- Each project statement belongs to the Department identified as the Lead Unit in KC award.
- Each Department is required to have one Primary Effort Coordinator.
- Each Department can have as many secondary Effort Coordinators as needed.
- Zoom training dates are listed below. The training sessions are one hour, with additional time provided after each training session for questions.
- No registration or signup is required.
- To join a session, click the date/time for Zoom session you wish to attend.
- Beginning in January 2021, the Office of Research Administration (ORA) will host office hours to address any questions or concerns with the ECC system.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Project Directors / PIs (ECC Confirmer)
- January 14, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- January 19, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- January 26, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- February 3, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- February 9, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- February 16, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- February 25, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- March 3, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- March 9, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- March 17, 2021, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- March 25, 2021, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Fiscal Officer/Delegates (ECC Effort Coordinators)
- January 15, 2021, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- January 20, 2021, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- January 27, 2021, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- February 4, 2021, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- February 10, 2021, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- February 17, 2021, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- February 26, 2021, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm