- Review large balances and cost share. Were all charges applied to the correct account? Will the project meet the obligation?
- Check for overdrafts. If you have an overdraft on the account, notify the Office of Research Administration with a departmental account to cover it. Learn more about overdrafts.
- Resolve expenses outside the award period. Does the agency allow for 90-day pre-award costs?
- Close old encumbrances, and contact vendors about payments that 0;aren’t yet appearing on the account.
- Review practice plan payments.
- Review subcontracts for proper allocation and check on late billings.