What we do
At PDS, our Research Development Specialists are experts in grantsmanship and proposal management. Specialists provide customized consulting services to IU-Bloomington faculty seeking external funding for research and creative activity. Designed to maximize proposal competitiveness, our specialists provide:
- Reviewer-focused guidance and feedback on proposal components
- Narrative development and writing feedback
- Proposal alignment with sponsor mission and guidelines
- Project management for large and complex proposals
- Guidance on funding searches Information regarding helpful IUB resource
Can we help you?
PDS specialists are available to help prepare and submit strong proposals. Whether a project is complex or relatively straightforward, specialists have the expertise you need. You may want to work with PDS if you are an...
- new to proposal writing
- unsure of appropriate funding opportunities
- new to the IUB proposal submission process
- new to collaborative,
team-led, or complex submissions
- resubmitting a proposal
- seeking experienced reviewer feedback
How to request support
To get the most out of your experience with a research development specialist, our team recommends contacting the PDS office at least 4-6 weeks before the sponsor deadline for standard proposals. For complex proposals, multi-PI collaborations, and institutional proposals-we recommend reaching out at least 2 months in advance of the proposal due date.
To get started, download the PDS Service Request Form and send a completed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a request.
DOWNLOAD PDS REQUEST FORM