Research Support Funds Grant
About this opportunity
April 1 and October 1
The Research Support Funds Grant program enhances the research mission of IUPUI by providing seed funding for research projects and scholarly activities that are sustainable through external funding. Grantees are required to submit proposals for external funding.
- All full-time tenure-track faculty with an appointment of Assistant Professor and above
- Faculty in visiting ranks
- Research scientist ranks
- Project funding may not exceed $35,000.
- Faculty salary cannot be supported through this mechanism except for faculty on a 10-month appointment who can request up to one month of support.
- Funds will not be allocated to non-IUPUI collaborators.
- Travel expenses are not allowed unless necessary for completion of the proposed work.
- Funds will not be granted for similar projects currently supported by other internal or external funding mechanisms at the campus or university level.
- Projects will be limited to one (1) year in duration. Projects that can’t be completed in one (1) year will not be funded.
- An investigator may not serve as PI or Co-PI on more than one RSFG application in a given round.
- Applications for a second RSFG for the same project or research will not be accepted.
- Previous RSFG awardees are ineligible to receive an additional RSFG award unless they have met the requirements in their award letter (i.e. submitted a final report, submitted evidence of an external submission based in part on work from the previous RSFG award).
- Priority may be given to applicants who are in the process of revising applications that have previously been submitted for external funding. The entire summary statement from the external granting agency review committee, including the score, must be included in the Appendix. A clear description of how RSFG funds will be used to address reviewers’ concerns and strengthen the resubmission must also be included in the Appendix.
Application sections include:
- Cover page
- Budget and justification
- Research plan not to exceed five pages
- References cited
- Biosketch not to exceed five pages, include funding history
- Letters of support from collaborators and department chair
- IRB, IACUC, and/or IBC forms if applicable
- Reviewer comments to prior RSFG submission or summary statement from external submission if applicable