IUPUI Arts and Humanities Institute (IAHI) Conference and Event Grants
About this opportunity
rolling until June 30, 2021
The IAHI Grant Program supports campus-wide attainment of excellence in research and creative activity in arts and humanities. It is designed to enhance the research and creative activity mission of IUPUI by supporting research projects and scholarly activities that are conducted by arts and humanities faculty. The program is intended to stimulate existing and new research and creative activity and to support faculty in becoming competitive in securing external funding and sponsorship.
- All full-time tenured and tenure-eligible faculty from all schools and units at IUPUI. Under certain circumstances, non-tenure-track faculty members whose evaluation criteria include research or creative activity may also be eligible with an explanation in the letter of support from their chair or dean.
- Visiting, associate faculty, post-doctoral fellows
- Small Travel Grants for Conferences and Exhibitions: up to $500 to support travel to a conference or exhibition related to a research or creative project. Faculty are eligible for one grant each year. (This program is currently paused)
- Event Support Grants: up to $1,000 to support a public event at IUPUI related to a research or creative project. Faculty are eligible for one grant each year.
- All grants are intended for support of research and scholarly activity, and not for support of teaching and/or service activities. Scholarship of teaching may be supported under this grant program, if it has strong and clearly articulated research outcomes.
- Projects will be limited to one (1) year in duration.
- Funds will not be granted for a project currently supported by another internal funding mechanism unless a case is made in justifying the complementary funding.
- Matching funds are not required for this program.
- An investigator may not serve as PI on more than one IAHI grant proposal in a given round.
- An investigator may receive one Category A and one Category B grant each year.
- Grant programs do not provide retroactive funding. Be sure to apply for support well before you need funds to complete your research or creative activity.
Application sections include
- Applicant Information and Assurances
- Project Plan limited to two pages
Ready to apply?
Apply to this program through the InfoReady portal. Download the Guidelines and Application form. Applications are to be submitted as one pdf file. Competitions close at 11:59pm on the deadline date. Applications accepted until June 30, 2021. Category A is current paused.
Apply for IAHI Conference and Event Grants