Bridge Funding Program IUPUI
About this opportunity
The Bridge Funding Program provides assistance for the maintenance of ongoing research efforts while the investigator is receiving a secured award, or is responding to a grant. Priority will be given to investigators with competitive scores and a track record of external funding.
All full-time tenure-track faculty having an appointment of Assistant Professor and above
- Faculty in visiting ranks
- Research scientist ranks
Project funding may not exceed $45,000.
- Travel expenses are not allowed unless necessary for completion of the proposed work.
- Funds will not be granted for similar projects currently supported by other internal or external funding mechanisms at the campus or university level.
- Bridge funding applications must be forwarded to Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research by your school, and require the school to provide 1/3 of the funding.
- Contact Alicia Gahimer for the name of your school contact person, then submit your application to the appropriate office or person in your school.
- Projects will be limited to one (1) year in duration.
- Applications for a second Bridge for the same project or research will not be accepted.
Application sections include:
- Cover page
- Budget and justification
- Research plan not to exceed five pages
- References cited
- Biosketch not to exceed five pages, include funding history
- Letters of support from collaborators and department chair
- IRB, IACUC, and/or IBC forms if applicable
- Reviewer comments or summary statement from external funding agency submission
Ready to apply?
Contact Alicia Gahimer for the name of your school contact person, then submit your application to the appropriate office or person in your school.