Bridge Funding Program IUPUI
About this opportunity
$45,000 ($30,000 award, $15,000 school match)
The Bridge Funding program supports faculty who have lost extramural funding in the past twelve months, or will lose their extramural funding within six months of the application submission. Due to COVID-19, any loss of extramural funding after July 1, 2019 will qualify for Bridge. The purpose is to provide short-term support for maintenance of ongoing research efforts while the investigator a) awaits the receipt of funds from a secured award, or b) is responding to reviewer comments on a prior grant submission.
- All full-time tenure-track faculty having an appointment of Assistant Professor and above
- Faculty in visiting ranks
- Research scientist ranks
- Project funding may not exceed $45,000. ($30,000 grant, $15,000 school match)
- Faculty salary cannot be supported through this mechanism except for faculty on a 10-month appointment who can request up to one month of support.
- Travel expenses are not allowed unless necessary for completion of the proposed work.
- Funds will not be granted for similar projects currently supported by other internal or external funding mechanisms at the campus or university level.
- Projects will be limited to one (1) year in duration.
- Applications for a second Bridge for the same project or research will not be accepted.
Application sections include
- Applicant Information
- Research plan not to exceed five pages
- References cited
- Budget and justification
- Biosketch not to exceed five pages, include funding history
- Letters of support from collaborators and department chair
- IRB, IACUC, and/or IBC forms if applicable
- Reviewer comments or summary statement from external funding agency submission
Ready to apply?
Apply to this program through the InfoReady portal. Download the Guidelines and Application form. Applications are to be submitted as one pdf file. Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, pending availability of funds, until the end of the academic year 6/30/2021.
Apply for BRIDGE funding