Open Access Monograph Digital Publishing Initiative
About this opportunity
Associate Vice Provost Ed Comentale,email@example.com
March 13 and November 13
The Open Access Monograph Digital Publishing Initiative supports the publication of open-access digital monographs of up to 90,000 words in the humanities and humanistic social sciences. This program is offered in collaboration with the IU Bloomington Office of the Provost and the IU Libraries.
- Only faculty who already have a peer-reviewed manuscript accepted by a press on the list of member publishers in the AAUP consortium who accept grants under the terms of this initiative are eligible.
- All tenured and tenure-eligible faculty, research scientists, research scholars, research center directors, and librarians who meet the criterion above.
- Special consideration will be given to monographs that make innovative use of a digital platform.
$15,000 per project
Applicants must complete an electronic application in InfoReady, create a budget using the Excel budget worksheet template on the electronic application form, and attach the following as PDFs to the electronic application form.
Application sections include:
- Completed online application form
- Plan and rationale for publication as a digital monograph (two-four pages)
- Copy of university press contract
- Project timeline
- Letter of support from press editor
- a statement from the press that clarifies IU’s rights to hold and promote the digital/open access version of the monograph
- a statement from the press outlining plans to promote and publicize the digital/open access version of the monograph
- a budget from the press that highlights funding dedicated to the design, development, and marketing of the digital/open access components of the monograph