2021 NORDP Great Lakes Region Virtual Retreat
Research Development in Pivotal Times
January 27-29, 2021
The National Organization of Research Development Professionals (NORDP) Great Lakes region event planning team is pleased to offer our annual regional event to all Research Development professionals working at an institution or organization in one of the NORDP Great Lakes states or provinces (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Manitoba, Ontario).
This event is open to both NORDP and non-NORDP members.
Not a NORDP member? Visit the NORDP membership page to join our growing community of Research Development professionals.
Registration FeeWe are pleased to offer this retreat free of charge in response to the COVID-19 budget situation for many institutions and the importance of the topics being covered. The full event is open to Research Development professionals working in institutions/organizations in the Great Lakes states or provinces (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Manitoba, Ontario). This event is open to both NORDP and non-NORDP members.
Day One - Wednesday, January 27th | Embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Keynote Session: Imagining and Enacting Anti-oppressive Strategies in Research Development - Lori Patton Davis, PhD, Chair, Department of Educational Studies, The Ohio State University
- Discussion Groups: Conversation Roadblocks – Our Journey to Racial and Social Justice
Day Two - Thursday, January 28th | Driving Research Development beyond COVID-19
- Introduction: Covid-19 - Impacts and Opportunities - Mariangela Maguire, PhD, Certified Life Coach and Trained Mediator
- Panel with Q&A: Driving Research Development Beyond Covid-19
- Discussion groups
Day Three - Friday, January 29th
- Keynote Session: Telling the Research Story - David Vuletich, Senior Director, Education Advisory Board
- Concurrent sessions (view full schedule)
- Great Lakes Business Meeting
- Happy hour
Sherry Knighton-Schwandt, 2021 NORDP Great Lakes Virtual Retreat Chair