How do you explain what you do to your neighbor, or legislator, or prospective donor? What's the best way to use social media professionally? What are your key messages when the media calls? You'll get answers during "Talking about your work to non-experts," an interactive, informative workshop offering skills, tools, and resources to help you expand your communication about your work.
- Friday, May 17, 2019
- 8:30 am - 3 pm (lunch included)
- Georgian Room, Indiana Memorial Union
Topics to be covered include:
- Distilling your research message
- Talking to policymakers and legislators
- Using creative arts to tell a scientific story
- Social media strategies
- What to say when the media calls
- and more!
This free, university-wide professional development opportunity is offered by the IU Office of the Vice President for Research, IU Communications, and other partners.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Looking for help now?
Find IU and external resources to support you in communicating about your work to a wide variety of audiences in this Quick Guide.