Special Handling List
Donor restrictions and/or preferences for managing solicitation requests from Indiana University. More info
The following resources link to external funding opportunities at selected agencies, services, and programs. To receive timely information about current funding opportunities, subscribe to IU's Research Funding Update e-mail service or subscribe to COS (see below).
Pivot (formerly COS)
- Pivot Users can register, claim or create a profile, and establish funding alerts specific to their interests and needs. Pivot may also be used to find collaborators on your campus, in the IU system, and worldwide. Pivot is available to all IU employees and students.
- Grants.gov Discretionary grants offered by 26 federal grant-making agencies can be found on Grants.gov
- FedBizOpps.gov U.S. Government's point of entry for commercial vendors and goverment buyers. Several federal agnecies also list reserach opportunities here.
The Foundation Center
- Philanthropy News Digest RFPs and notices of awards from grant-making organizations and nonprofits
- Government Science Portal searches more than 42 databases and 2,000 selected websites from 14 federal agencies, offering 200 million pages of U.S. government science information including research and development
Select Federal Agencies
Department of Defense
- Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Army Research Lab
- Office of Naval Research
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research
Department of Education
Department of Energy
Department of Health and Human Services
- Agency for Healthcare and Research and Quality
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration